ALERT:The CIEE South Korea Scholarship has been discontinued 😦 It had a great run!! Sadly it’s not here for 2014, but feel free to read about my experience on the blog. There are other opportunities for Korea out there!
CIEE has partnered with the Korea Foundation to offer a scholarship program for American high school and university students in South Korea. What is referred to in Korea as the Korea-US Youth Network, this program is a short-term cultural exchange for students to learn about Korean culture and customs firsthand.
- Covers room, board, excursions, on sight mentors, international flights
- does not include transportation to gateway cities (Chicago, NYC, etc – subject to change by year)
- 150 check is to be mailed during application process; check is shredded if not selected
- must be U.S citizen or permanent resident
- read site for more details (http://www.ciee.org/southkorea/)
- Complete all sections of the application equally: as in, put as much work into those areas as you did into your main essay
- Read the essay prompt carefully, and answer it carefully: answer it to perfection, leave no points it asks out.
- This scholarship has a lot to do with peace building not how much you love Kpop (though I love kpop as much as the next guy) or why you just want to study abroad. I was indeed granted this scholarship, and as you probably noticed, it is blogged here! 🙂 If you have any more questions for me, feel free to ask and best of luck! Here is a facebook page I created last year, where we all talk, and work together to give everyone the best advice we can! Members range from alumni to applicants with near 200 members.https://www.facebook.com/groups/356312941082545/